Lauren scouted The Sonnenalp this past January and it was so incredible that we have decided to host a Namaslay® themed yoga retreat there this fall! We'll be headed to Vail, which is located just west of Denver, set in the beautiful Rocky Mountains. The area is gorgeous - a quaint, charming ski village that makes for the perfect place to either relax and restore, or go out and explore. With plenty of free time during the afternoons, you'll be able to lounge in the pool (it’s heated year round!) or around the communal fireplace, go out with your new yoga friends for dinner at one of the many incredible restaurants Vail Village has to offer or you can even grab some coffee or gelato!
There is much to see and do in the area from hiking the Rocky Mountains, Mountain Biking taking the gondola up the mountain, hiking at Piney Lake, explore nearby hot springs and cave tours in Glenwood Springs. We chose The Sonnenalp because we love the authentic European alpine feel at this family run hotel. This is going to be a retreat you don’t wanna miss and we can't wait to welcome you to Vail Village!
The Yoga Program:
This long weekend yoga retreat includes five carefully designed yoga workshops around the Namaslay® philosophy - leading your life with love and kindness to yourself and others, and also taking time to recharge, practice self-care, and nourish the best version of yourself. This is a retreat to help jumpstart creativity, feel empowered, access your inherent inner strengths, and allow yourself to be authentically you.
- Namaslay® Heart-Opening: This heart opening practice will invite you to leave your armor and baggage at the door. You'll be invited to let go of the things you're hanging onto that are holding you back. We'll work through a back bending flow and explore the principles of opening up through the heart center both on and off the mat.
- Namaslay® Banana Splits: This deep hip opening practice will help you on your way as you work towards the splits! The hip opening poses will help prepare us for splits, and then Candace will teach you various ways to practice safely getting into and out of the splits.
- Namaslay® Yoga-Hiit: This workshop combines both yoga and a hiit circuit workout to help jumpstart your strength building. You'll be lovingly challenged to get out of your comfort zone, try something new, and learn various exercises you can implement back home that will help you build strength to support your yoga practice.
- Namaslay® Arm Balancing: This arm balance practice will tackle the principles to follow when working your way to poses like crow, headstand, forearm stand and handstand. We'll play, laugh, learn, and get upside down.
- Namaslay® Yin Yoga Manifestation Workshop: This juicy restorative class is excellent for deep relaxation, stress relief, and manifesting your dreams. It combines yin postures, a guided meditation, and aromatherapy for a unique workshop unlike any other that will leave you feeling restored, rejuvenated and inspired to go out there and SLAY.
We've booked The Sonnenalp, an elegant luxury boutique hotel that overlooks the village, a small creek and surrounding mountains. This upscale hotel is one of the only family-run hotels in the area that offers a home-like atmosphere, extremely welcoming staff that will help make your stay unforgettable, spacious and modern accommodations, and gourmet cuisine. The hotel is only a short walk into Vail Village - 5 minutes tops.
The hotel also offers an incredible sauna and fitness center along with an oxygen bar. There is a spa at the hotel, so if you’d like to make arrangements for a massage or any other treatments, please let us know and we’ll be happy to assist.
If you’re traveling with kids, you and your family will love the complimentary recreation program and dedicated room full of toys and art supplies, located at the hotel.
All rooms have modern furnishings, air conditioning, fully stocked mini bar, personal safe, WIFI, flat screen TV, humidifier and bathrooms are equipped with a tub/shower, heated marble floors and double vanities along with a hair dryer. You can choose from single occupancy or double.
From your balcony you have a unique view of mountain landscape or charming Vail Village. The hotel’s quiet but central location gives guests the freedom to relax and soak up the peace of nature.
Please note that payment plans are available with a $350 non-refundable deposit up front, followed by monthly payments until the balance is paid in full on September 10, 2018. If you'd like to do the payment plan, please email jan (at) yogabycandace dot com to get started.
- Where: Vail, Colorado. We'll stay at The Sonnenalp - a gorgeous, family-run, luxury hotel that overlooks the quaint little town of Vail Village.
When: October 10th - October 13th, 2018
Why: Because you deserve it.
5 carefully designed Namaslay® themed yoga classes and workshops
3 night luxury accommodations in the heart of Vail Village
deluxe swag bag
hotel amenities: indoor/outdoor pool, oxygen bar, sauna, fitness center, kids club services (free services if you’d like to bring the whole family along! *please note just childcare/basic kids club activities are included; all food is covered by the parent(s)
What's not included:
transportation to/from the hotel
one to one private session with Candace (optional)
spa services (optional)
A word about YBC® Retreats
Our retreats are laid back, good times with awesome people. There's no one to impress, nothing to prove, and everything to share. There's no expectation that you have to be at a certain place in your practice. We encourage you to honor how you feel on any given day. Bring a sense of humor and an open heart, and prepare yourself for the best time! We get a lot of questions about traveling alone. Rest assured, most people who attend our retreats come alone. By the end of day one, you will have met and connected with everyone and we're positive you'll all become fast friends with whom you can explore the village. Book your spot now!
Terms and Conditions
All sales are final if you choose to pay in full up front. For people opting to do the payment plan, the $350 deposit is non-refundable and any monthly payments you've made are non-refundable. No reimbursement will be granted because we need to pay the hotel. We accept no liability for loss, damage, injury or illness, which may occur during the retreat or traveling to or from the retreat. All students are strongly recommended to have their own travel insurance to cover any loss or injury, including repatriation if necessary. It is advisable to take out travel insurance in the event that you have to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances. We reserve the right to make any changes to our program, accommodation, courses or teachers. Alternative arrangements are offered to the best of our ability but if not taken up, we do not accept responsibility for any costs incurred, including airfare. Students who have chosen a single room will not qualify for any discount regardless of whether another student happens to be alone in a 'shared' room. We take every step to ensure that students are not stretched beyond the limit of their capabilities. We ask that you speak up if you have any particular pre-existing injury or illness that is relevant. We advise that you always listen to your body, and if you are feeling any pain or illness during the class that you stop and rest. Due to the acrobatic nature of this yoga retreat, the yoga program is not suitable for pregnant women.