Now that our book tour is over, I'm excited to start showing you how you can incorporate Namaslay into your yoga practice. To do that, I created a fifteen day Hip Opening Program. Here's how it'll work:
Starting on November 15th, we'll embark on a 15 day program. The goal of the hip opening program will be to practice a little bit of yoga every day for fifteen days and see what kind of impact that has on your mobility. Here's how it will work:
1. Choose a pose that requires open hips. You'll use this pose to track your progress. Choose something you're not 100% confident in yet - something you're on the brink of being able to do. For a beginner, you could choose something like malasana pose, or parsvottanasana. My intermediate peeps might want to try something like dancer's pose, or wheel pose. And my advanced yoga people might want to work on something like 8 angle pose, or eka pada koundinyasana 2.
2. Check the blog every day. Each day, I will post the schedule for that day on the blog and I'll also update this post with the full schedule as it goes by so you can pin the above image on pinterest and keep checking back. If you have a copy of Namaslay, keep that nearby because each post will contain the page numbers to some of the poses we'll cover and you can use Namaslay for deeper reference.
3. Download the YogaByCandace Official App. Search for 'yogabycandace' (no spaces) in the App Store (here is it for iTunes and Google Play) and download it (it's free!) so you can follow along to the schedule from your phone when you're on the go.
Please note - How to have the full experience
In order to get the full experience of this program, you'll need to subscribe to the exclusive section of the app. In the exclusive section, I will be posting an audio clip every day of the program. In the audio, I will talk you through the sequence and point out things to watch out for and things to hone in on. If you close your eyes it'll be like I'm right in the room with you. I envisioned you guys doing it with headphones on at the gym, or in the privacy of your own home with your phone next to you as I talk you through the sequence.
A quick note about the app: The way the app is set up, you'll only get new content from the day you sign up and onwards. If you sign up two days after the 15 day program starts, you will not have access to the first two audio clips just because it isn't fair to the people who signed up right away. So if you're planning on signing up for the exclusive section, do it asap. It costs $1.99/month. Normally on the app, you will receive new exclusive content every Tuesday or Wednesday. Once a month you'll get a never-before-seen yoga video, and the other three weeks will be cool facts, quotes to help you set intentions for your practice, yoga tips, and guided meditations. In addition to that, I'm going to start these types of challenges every so often as well.
4. Spread the word. Go on twitter, facebook, instagram or snapchat and let your friends and the YBC community know you've committed to doing the 15 Day Namaslay Hip Opening Program. Who knows, you may even inspire your friends to join in, or connect with other #ybcyogis online. If you need an accountability buddy, head over to the Yoga Forum and ask!
5. Check in. Post a pic online with the pose you have chosen and use the hashtag #namaslay and #ybcyogis to connect with others. Then, once you post it, click on the hashtag and say hi to your fellow YBCers.
PS - If you review our app, just send a screenshot of your review to Lauren and we'll send you a free gift in thanks.
PPS - If you direct message a screenshot of your amazon or Barnes and Noble review to @ybcsneakpeek, we will send you a free gift in thanks.
So there you have it! That's the plan for the next two weeks and I'd love to know - are you in? If so, what pose will you focus on?
Shop the look below