Greek island yoga retreat
What if you knew, I mean really knew, that a place existed that was so beautiful all worries and troubles just melted away once you arrived? A place so magic that it could change your life?
That's how I felt about the tiny Greek island of Sifnos when I lead a retreat there last October. It was such a success and such a transformative place, that Sophie, our host, and I decided we needed to come back. There was no if, ands, or buts - we just had to make it happen because this place has a quality to it like no other.
Yoga Retreat in Greece
Sifnos is one of the Cyclades islands in Greece. It has the idyllic white washed buildings surrounded by that deep, beautiful Grecian ocean blue. The people are lovely, the beaches are peaceful, and the food is fantastic. It remains one of Greece's best kept island secrets, which is why I am so excited to invite you to join.
The Yoga Program
The workshops here are designed around Yoga and the 5 Senses. They're appropriate for all levels from total beginners to seasoned yoga students, and you'll be invited to get out of your comfort zone to enjoy the real magic of the practice. We will have twice daily yoga practices most days with the morning practice being a bit more invigorating, and the afternoon practice being a bit more gentle. The workshops include:
- Blindfold Yoga: Explore your self-trust as you find your true center in this beautiful slow flow yoga practice.
- Glow in the Dark Yoga Flow: Not your typical practice, but certainly deeply rooted in self-awareness. Deepen your practice with playful Flow and Glow sequencing in this musically driven class.
- Aromatherapy Yin Yoga for Stress: Using essential oils throughout the practice to evoke heightened levels of awareness, we'll move through a beautifully slow yin yoga practice and end with a guided meditation leaving students feeling calm and clear.
- Aromatherapy Be Powerful Class: Using essential oils throughout the practice to awaken our inner strength, we'll move through a sweaty, powerful flow to build strength and challenge self-doubt.
- Chair Yoga Workshop: A playful, gentle yoga class using a chair as the main prop, this class is especially beneficial for those who work from a desk.
- Evolve: A profoundly transformational class that begins with pranayama techniques (breathing), followed by a vinyasa yoga class, and ends with a deep guided meditation.
- Beginner arm balances: This is for the students who are ready to deepen their physical practice with arm balances. We'll work with crow pose, baby grasshopper pose, headstand and forearm stand in a safe and loving environment. This is an asana class that will include demonstrations and a discussion session at the end. Take-home materials will be provided so you can practice at home as well.
Venue, Accommodation & Food
We will be in a gorgeous white washed boutique hotel surrounded by olive trees with the most stunning view of the Aegean Sea. We handpicked this venue due to its breathtaking location, beautiful swimming pool, and its proximity to a secret beach. It is the most serene, peaceful place I've ever been. We'll have a dedicated yoga space with natural light and all necessary yoga equipment and props. You have the choice of a luxurious shared suite, or a petite double or large double private room. Each room is beautifully decorated with attention to detail inspired by the surrounding olive grove.
Our private chef will create a detox vegetarian menu with organic, local ingredients. Gluten-free and special diets can be accommodated, just let us know what you need.
Prices and Dates
We have two opportunities to join in:
Yoga Retreat Week 1: Friday, May 8, 2015 - Sunday, May 17, 2015
10 days, 9 nights
- 1450 euros per person for a shared suite
- 1650 or 1750 euros per person for single room (petite double or large double room, respectively)
Yoga Retreat Week 2: Saturday, May 16, 2015 - Sunday, May 24, 2015
9 days, 8 nights
- 1350 euros per person for a shared suite
- 1650 euros per person for single room (large double rooms only)
- luxury accommodation in Sifnos, Greece, plus two night accommodation in Athens at a central, designer hotel on travel days
- ferry tickets from Athens to Sifnos
- brunches and dinners by private chef
- 2 hour yoga workshops nearly twice daily
- one shiatsu or classic massage
- concierge service for tours and recommendations
What you need to add
- flights to and from Athens, and airport transfer to your centrally located hotel (we are happy to arrange transfer at an additional cost)
- travel insurance
Sophie, pictured on the right, is our host. She knows Sifnos and Athens like the back of her hand, and has so many connections and insider tips. I have worked with her in the past on a number of retreats, and I am so proud and feel so blessed to be teaming up with her again for this adventure! We're both passionate about helping others, and delivering the best to our clients, and we are so looking forward to welcoming you to one of the most beautiful places on earth.
Fill out the form below to reserve your spot or ask questions and Sophie or I will be in touch as soon as possible!