Thank you for your interest in participating in the first installment of Reader Yoga Progress! This is an opportunity to improve your personal practice, get personal guidance from Candace, share your progress with the world, and inspire others to jumpstart their own yoga practice.
The idea behind the post is to see how a consistent yoga practice can improve our flexibility in one single pose.
ASAP You'll read below to determine if you're right for the project.
ASAP You'll submit the form below, if so.
ASAP You'll receive an email from someone from our team asking for photos of yourself in each of the poses you listed.
ASAP We'll choose one of the poses that you send us, and send you a suggested yoga program of videos and sequences especially designed for you to be completed 4-5 times per week beginning November 1. The program will be designed not only for your body, but to improve flexibility required for the pose you'll be featured on the website doing. You'll also receive a link to a private forum just for the participants of this project and Candace where you can chat with each other, encourage one another, and ask questions.
November 13, you will receive an email with a link to tell us how your practice is going, how you are feeling and any feedback you have. Please fill that out ASAP. You'll also be asked to send one progress picture of the pose.
November 15, you will receive a new suggested yoga program especially designed for you to be completed 4-5 times per week beginning November 16.
December 5, you will receive an email with a link to tell us how you practice went, how you are feeling, and any feedback. Please fill that out ASAP. You'll also be asked to send your final progress picture of the pose.
December 9, 2014, the post will go live with all the photos and details of your 6 week journey!
We are looking for people who meet the following criteria:
- you are a total beginner or intermediate yoga student
- you're able to commit to practicing the suggested yoga program (or a program of your choice) 4-5 times per week for six weeks.
- you're willing to share yoga photos of yourself to be published on the blog
- you're willing to share first name, age, and country of residence
- you're willing to share the final post on your social media accounts if you have any
- you're able to respond to emails quickly and keep the above deadlines
- you have one pose in mind you would like to improve that requires a good amount of flexibility. Can't think of one? Below are some options:
Please fill out the form below ASAP. Someone from our team will be in touch shortly after asking for three photos of you doing each of the poses you listed.