At the first signs of the new chilly season, I made this soup. It is accidentally more spicy than it needs to be, but I guess it will get you sweating and warm that body right up, huh? :) It's easy to make, but does take a while on the stove. Here's what to do:
1. Pick yo' beans. I used black beans, garbanzo beans, kidney beans, white beans and navy beans. Pour them into a pot and cover them with water. Soak them overnight. (Alternatively, use canned beans.)
2. Chop an onion and saute them in a bit of oil in a pot. Add celery, chopped carrots, and any other veggies you'd like. (I like to use kale, but couldn't find any this time around.)
3. Pour in your liquids. I used 1 can of tomato sauce, and then filled the can up with water three times and dumped it in there.
4. Add the beans. Bring to a boil, and then simmer for hours. No, seriously. 2-4 hours. Keep checking the beans and when they're soft, it's ready.
5. Add your seasoning if you like. I used cayenne pepper (a little too much, in fact!). You could also use Red Hot, salt & pepper- or just leave it plain- totally up to you.
6. Eat and enjoy.
PS- More recipes and food posts here.