I travel often, and I think I've almost got the whole process down to a solid routine. These are my essentials for a long overnight flight. I put them in a ziplock bag in my carry on for easy finding.
1. Wet Ones Antibacterial Wipes - Because who KNOWS the last time they cleaned those arm rests...
2. Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Skin Energy Hydration - Great for keeping skin hydrated during long flights.
3. Yes to Blueberries Age Refresh Towelettes - I love these towelettes! They're good for make up removal or just to refresh your face. They're both cleaning and moisturizing, and the best part is you don't need to wash your face with water afterwards.
4. Sample size of foundation - One of the things I love about Sephora is that they'll give you a sample of whatever you want without any hassle. I get a sample of my favorite tinted moisturizer or foundation, and apply it when I get to my final destination so I don't come off the plane looking too scary. :)
5. Sample size of lotion - Turns out those little samples you receive with Sephora orders are actually useful. Bringing them on trips saves on space and weight restrictions. This Murad brand is really good.
6. Mascara - I apply it when I land. It's the quickest way to look a little more awake and with it when you land in a new time zone. I'm currently into this Bobbi Brown mascara.
And lastly, I can't go anywhere without a good sleep mask. I scooped up this Cris Notti one on sale and I really love it. As it turns out, there are a couple things I need to have in a sleep mask: it needs to be soft (these are silk), large enough to cover most of the face so no light will come through, have a tight yet comfortable strap around the back, and be thick enough so no light will shine through. This meets all of those requirements and comes in a huge variety of pretty patterns - an obvious plus.
What are your on-flight travel essentials?
PS- The time someone threw up on me on a flight.