By next Friday I should be up and running with a solid internet connection and I'm looking forward to getting back to regularly posting how to and sequence videos. If you'd like to be notified when they post, please subscribe to my youtube channel.
Here are a few current favorite beauty products in rotation at my house.
1. Biotin pills. These are B complex vitamins that are great for hair, nails and skin. I had noticed that my hair was looking a little dull, and not as full as it once was. I read reviews and nearly all of them were raving about almost instant results. I was skeptical but ordered a bottle. UM. Three days later, my husband, who didn't know I was taking them, goes, "Did you do something to your hair? Looks good." I noticed shine, fullness, and you know how you lose strands when you're in the shower? I used to lose A LOT. I mean, there was no way I could even count the strands. Now, I count maybe five. Not joking. If you have thinning or dull hair, get on this. I can't say anything about the skin and nails bit, though. I haven't noticed a change (but haven't really been looking for one, either, as I was so focused on the hair.)
2. Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation Moisturizer. This is a light moisturizer that absorbs well into the skin, but keeps your skin moisturized for hours. I use it morning and night and love how it feels. It's good for hyperpigmentation, and helps to calm and soothe skin.
3. Jojoba oil. I picked up a travel size of this organic Dessert Essence jojoba oil at Whole Foods before I left for Germany. I remember using it years ago as a kid on eczema and it worked so well. This time around I'm just using it as a body moisturizer and I really love it. You only need a small amount. Apply right when you get out of the shower and let it soak into your skin before you get dressed. You can also add a couple drops of essential oils to make it smell nice- not that it smells bad- it just doesn't smell like anything.
4. Sweet Orange essential oil. I blogged about using this in the bath before. You can also use it in the jojoba oil for a moisturizer or even as massage oil. Smells so good!
5. Tea tree essential oil. Ok, this doesn't exactly smell very good but it's really good for spot treatment. Put just a tiny bit on before you moisturize. It helps redness and inflammation. It's also good for eczema.
6. Aveda Rosemary & Mint soap. This stuff smells sooooo good. Rosemary and mint seem like an unlikely combo, I know, but trust me on this.
What beauty products are you currently into?