It's a dreary day here in Germany, and we've had to turn on the heat as the rain drizzles outside. These kind of days are perfect for curling up on the couch and watching a good movie. The following are a few feel-good favorites that range from documentary to foreign drama. What would you suggest on a dreary day?
1. Jiro Dreams of Sushi is an inspirational documentary about Jiro, the world's greatest sushi chef. Even if sushi or cooking isn't your thing, the story is fascinating.
2. The Intouchables is a French film based on a true story about a paraplegic who hires an aide from the projects. One of the best movies I've ever seen. (Bold statement!)
3. Brooklyn Castle is a documentary about an inner city public middle school whose cool kids are not the athletes but the chess players.
4. The Internship is a movie I'd pay to see again in theaters. Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn have such good chemistry as two friends who get a summer internship at Google.
5. Little Miss Sunshine is a funny and heart-warming movie that focuses on a dysfunctional family as they take an 800 mile road trip together to get daughter Olive to the Little Miss Sunshine beauty contest on time.
6. Bienvenue Chez Les Cht'is (Welcome to the Sticks) is a pretty funny French film about a guy whose wife continues to pressure him to put in to be relocated to the south of France. The position is competitive, so the husband pretends to have a handicap. After being found out, he is instead sent to one of the worst towns in France where the people are strange, the food is stranger, and he's got to learn to stick it out for an entire year.
PS- It's the last day to get 20% off YogaByCandace 'Sweat' and custom DVDs. Use code JUMPFORJOY.