I am so excited to be going to Greece next week! (Have you been? Anything I should see/do/avoid?) We snagged a direct flight so it'll only take us three hours, and we've rented a cute apartment in the middle of Athens. I'm scheduled to teach a pop up class on Sunday (please come if you're local!), and then we're going to spend the next few days exploring, eating, and hopefully take a ferry to one of the nearby islands. We're traveling light - just one carry on for each of us - and here are a few of the things I'm bringing.
1. iPad - We're flying on EasyJet, and the last time I flew with them there wasn't on-flight entertainment, so this time around I'll rent a movie on the iPad.
2. Splitter - Love this thing! Plug it into your device so you and your husband can watch the same thing.
3. Sweet orange essential oil - I've had so many flights where people with stinky feet take off their shoes and skink up the whole plane. Put a small dab of essential oil on a scarf or travel blanket and you won't smell any body odors.
4. Caudalie beauty elixir - The secret to keeping skin hydrated on flights.
5. Lightweight scarf - These scarves are a staple in my closet. I always wear one on the plane and if someone near me has smelly feet (this totally happened last year, it was awful), I wrap it around my face and over my nose.
7. Comfortable sneakers - We're hoping to rent bikes and get around town that way, so sneakers are probably my best bet.
8. Current book: A Friend of the Family by Lauren Grodstein. I just started this and can't put it down. It's about this doctor, Pete, whose world is coming crashing down. His relationship is a mess, he's being sued for malpractice, and his son is infatuated with his best friend's daughter Laura, who has a seriously troubled past.
9. Lightweight jacket - It won't be beach weather, unfortunately, but it'll definitely be warmer than here. I'll be layering up with a lightweight jacket.