Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. While YBC was compensated for the post, we are committed to working with brands whose mission we support whose products we love. All opinions, as always, are our own.
Growing up, my dad worked the third shift and slept most of the day, so we didn't spend a ton of time together, but one day, when I was in 7th grade, I came home from school and announced that I found out the Smashing Pumpkins were coming to town and could we please, please, please go because the opening band was Garbage and they were my all-time favorite and please, please, please could we go?
I don't really know why I asked, because I know the answer would be a flat-out no from my mom, who wouldn't be into driving an hour away at night to some rock concert where the music would make her ears bleed. And my dad was always exhausted and rarely got time off but to my surprise, he said, "Yeah. Let's go!"
And so we did. Just me and my dad. We drove there with the music blasting and arrived with lots of time to spare, so we walked around the stadium and got candy and soda. I bought a t-shirt with all the tour dates on the back and pretty much lived in that shirt for the next year.
It was a so much fun, and is one of my favorite memories of just me and my dad.
We're having a little giveaway in honor of all the dads, and all the single moms, grandmas, grandpas and others out there who are being the dads in someone's life. You guys are the best.
1. Auto Care Kit from Clean Happens. This is the first and last cleaning kit Dad needs. It's meant for his car, but really it can be used for anything (I may have just cleaned my bathroom with the all purpose cleaner the other day.) It's Use code YOGA15 for 15% off your entire purchase now through July 1, 2015.
2. Epic Jerky Bites. These are delicious! Non-gmo and Paleo friendly, these are my go-to snack of choice when I'm on the run. For all the meat-eating dads out there, these are the ticket. Use code CANDACEISEPIC for 20% off your entire purchase now through June 18, 2015.
3. Rhone Monk Hoodie. The softest hoodie for the dad on the go. It's really lightweight, which makes it perfect for chilly spring mornings. Use code YogaByCandace15 for 15% off orders now through July 1, 2015.
4. Toiletry bag from Elvis and Kresse. This bag is lightweight (awesome for travel), and is made out of decommissioned fire house and lined with parachute silk, creating a reliable barrier between toiletries and clothing when he travels. Use code yogabycandace for free shipping.
5. Warrior shorts from OHMME. For the dads who love yoga, these super stretchy shorts are an obvious pick. I also love that the material is perfect for those sweatier Bikram sessions.
All US residents can enter to win and one winner will receive everything except the warrior shorts. All EU residents can enter to win and one winner will receive the warrior shorts.
To enter, let's talk about your favorite memory with your dad (or the person in your life who you consider to be dad), or your first concert. If you have an email address you use for e-commerce, consider using that email address because by entering the giveaway, you agree to share your email address with the brands sponsoring our post and you'll be signed up for our weekly newsletter. Be sure to both leave a comment and click in the widget below that you've left a comment. All entries will be verified.
Winners will be announced on Wednesday, June 17th.