PSA: Don't forget to enter to win our giveaway for a trip to Los Angeles to come practice yoga with me! And, we're hosting a yoga retreat in Greece! Use code EARLY10 for 10% off.
It's time for Days 17 - 20 of the 20 Day Jumpstart Yoga Program. If you've come here today looking for Day 16's schedule, it's in this post because we have international readers so it's easier to do a full week for them so they aren't waiting around for that day's schedule to post in (their) evening.
If you need a quick refresher, here's how this works:
1. Choose a pose. Begin by choosing a pose to track your progress. Choose something you're not 100% confident in yet - something you're on the brink of being able to do. For a beginner, you could choose any of these five poses for total beginners. My intermediate peeps might want to try something like dancer's pose, or wheel pose. And my advanced people might want to work on flipping the grip for full dancer's pose, or scorpion pose.
2. Check the schedule. Every Monday for the next few weeks, I will post the schedule here on the blog that will include the following week's Monday (this is because we have international readers and with the time change, it's easier to include Monday's schedule). As each week goes by, I will also update this post with the full schedule so you can pin this post on pinterest and keep checking back.
3. Spread the word. Go on twitter, facebook, instagram or snapchat and let your friends and the YBC community know you've committed to doing the 20 Day Yoga Program to Jumpstart Your Practice. Who knows, you may even inspire your friends to join in, or connect with other #ybcyogis online. If you need an accountability buddy, head over to the Yoga Forum and ask!
4. Check in. Post a pic online with the pose you have chosen and use the hashtag #YBCjumpstart to connect with others. Then, once you post it, click on the hashtag and say hi to your fellow YBCers.
5. Download the YogaByCandace Official App. Search for 'yogabycandace' (no spaces) in the App Store (here is it for iTunes and Google Play) and download it (it's free!) so you can follow along to the schedule from your phone when you're on the go. If you opt-in for the exclusive subscriber section, I'll be pulling in meditations and inspirational quotes from that section. If you're a new exclusive subscriber, you won't have access to past exclusive content just because it wouldn't be fair to people who have been subscribers from day one, but don't worry - I will be incorporating new subscriber content throughout this program as well as future programs. PS - If you review our app, just send a screenshot of your review to Lauren and we'll send you a free gift in thanks.
How's it going for you all? Let me know down in the comments section below how you're getting on.
- Silent 5 minute meditation. App Subscribers, listen to the inspirational quote from October 6, 2016
- Neck and shoulder warm up
- 25 Min creative no-mat sequence
- Pause video in the middle and spend 7 minutes practicing your chosen pose
- Check in on instagram with the hashtag #YBCjumpstart and then click the hashtag to say hey to other YBCers following along.
Day 18 - Active recovery day
- 4 minute guided meditation
- 30 min heart opening yoga
- Pause video in the middle and spend 8 minutes practicing your chosen pose
- 15 minute slow flow yoga
- 15 minute yoga for flexibility
- Pause video in the middle and spend 8 minute practicing your chosen pose
- Check in on instagram with the hashtag #YBCjumpstart and tell us your thoughts. How did the program go for you? Where did you see improvement? Then click the hashtag to say hey to other YBCers following along.
I'd love to know what you guys thought about this program and if you have any requests for future ones. The next one is going to incorporate my book Namaslay, so if you haven't pre-ordered it, now's the time!
Shop the look and other favorites below