Ok, friends, it's time for Day 2 of the Namaslay Hip Opening Challenge.
If you're doing the challenge with just the blog, follow the sequencing above. If you have a copy of Namaslay, I've detailed the page numbers where you can find more info about the poses to focus on if you need a refresher.
1. Begin in tadasana (p106 in Namaslay). Inhale and lift your arms as you look up.
2. Exhale into forward fold (p107 in Namaslay, be sure to check out "do this, not this" in the book).
3. Inhale and halfway lift (p108 in Namaslay, be sure to check out "do this, not this" in the book for further clarification and troubleshooting). Go back and forth between step two and step three to really open up the hamstrings.
4. On your next exhale, step back with one foot to come into low lunge (p117 in Namaslay).
5. When you're ready, step back into downward dog (p100-104 in Namaslay) and breathe for 3-5 breaths before stepping the opposite foot forward for low lunge on the other side.
6. When you're ready, step forward to gorilla pose (p128 in Namaslay).
7. End in tadasana (p106 in Namaslay).
If you have more energy and time, give this a try: 15 min hip opening video. Let me know how it's going for you down in the comments section below!
Shop the look below