Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. While we were compensated for the post, all opinions - as always - are our own. Thank you for supporting the companies that support YBC.
PSA: Join us in Morocco in August for a yoga retreat that will take you deeper into your personal practice. If online is more your jam, we now have video bundles available for all levels. Don't forget that you'll get a free gift when you screenshot your review of our app to Lauren. And lastly, our book, Namaslay, is available for preorder.
I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but my first job was at a fitness center when I was fifteen. That means I've been in the gym pretty much daily for the last seventeen years. As you can imagine, I've collected quite a few gym stories and thought I'd share a few here today in the hopes that you'll share one of yours as well and we can all have a good laugh. Ready?
10 Random Things That Have Happened to me At The Gym
1) A guy asked me to be in his music video doing "whatever that crazy move was" because he'd "never seen anyone do anything like that before." (I was doing kipping pull ups.)
2) I noticed halfway through my workout that my pants were on inside out.
3) I've had some random celebrity sightings over the years at the gym - especially when we lived in LA. I've seen Dane Cook and Lloyd - the guy who plays Ari's assistant on Entourage, and in Connecticut when I worked at that gym Kyra Sedgwick and Kevin Bacon used to come in.
4) Once, in the middle of Olympic cleans, I dropped the weight at the top of the pull because I was too scared to get under (#cleansproblems), and a man came over to me and told me I should go lift the "girl weights" (2 pounder free weights in the corner).
5) Once, in the middle of my summer in LA, the AC was broken at the gym. I was wearing red leggings and was working out pretty hard...only to notice at the end of my workout that I had serious sweat marks (read: dark red) where my thighs met my torso. Awesome.
6) Do you ever get sniped? Like, where you're just walking along and then trip out of no where, for no freaking reason other than the slim to none possibility that a sniper just tried to take you out?! I totally trip for no reason all the time and then try to play it off like oh, nothing to see here, move along.
7) Ok, anyone who has done this knows there's absolutely nothing funny about it, but in the middle of box jumps, I didn't jump high enough and, well, let's just say the edge of the box is no freaking joke. (PS- Do not google box jump injury!)
8) Ugh, I once asked someone to film my lift (if you film in slow motion it's a great way to analyze your technique). About a week later I saw the same guy out and it was a stage five clinger situation - he followed us around all night (#theworst).
9) Lauren once was squatting and ripped the entire seam of her pants in the middle of her squat.
10) Our new intern Madison, who will be taking over the YBCsneakpeek account, goes from a high high to a low low quickly. She was once sprinting on the treadmill, feelin' herself, feelin' unstoppable....and then stopped the machine, grabbed her water, and proceeded to spill it everywhere.
In today's giveaway, we're featuring a couple fabulous fitness finds. Here's what we've got:
Pure Indian Foods Digestive Ghee. I'm a big believer that health and fitness begin from the inside. This stuff is awesome to cook with. I love it for sauteeing veggies. Ghee is easily digestible and has a taste sort of like a subtle chai tea - really amazing flavor! It is grass fed and certified organic. Use coupon code: YBC for $3 off any order over $15 Expires: 6/25/2016
GRRRL Classic GRRRL Tee - I am a huge fan of GRRRL because they celebrate women - all women - and their mission statement is so bomb. This GRRRL tee is super soft and puts the grrrrr in GRRRL. Use discount code: ‘yogabycandace’ for 15% off your order.
GearBest Nylon Backpack - This simple yet functional nylon backpack is perfect to carry your gear to and from the gym. Bonus: If you're someone who works out at night, the white writing and design are glow in the dark!
Vital Proteins Collagen Whey - You guys know what a big fan I am of Vital Proteins, and their collagen whey does not disappoint! This is a pasture-raised, grass-fed product. It contains collagen peptides and whey protein for a balanced amino acid profile, natural hyaluronic acid for joint support, and probiotics for increased protein utilization and gut health. To top it off, it tastes great with a cocoa and coconut flavor. I put a scoop in water and call it a day!
InnerSTATE Positive State Sweatshirt I love this super soft sweatshirt (wore it here), and I just love the mission of this small biz which marries campus style with positive messages for women. They also have a line of light tanks - perfect for summer! Use discount code: YBC20 for 20% off your order.
Elite RS Fitness - Double under kit - This double under kit is going to be a game changer for my dubs. It comes with a standard nylon coated cable, which is a top end CrossFit double under rope, a replacement cable, a heavy cable for outdoor training (lasts longer on abrasive surfaces), a bare wire cable for competitions (read: super fast), and freestyle cable for added resistance, as well as cable cutters, adjustable screws and a handy bag to store it all.
FLYJOY Quinoa bars - These quinoa bars are made with wholesome, superfood ingredients like quinoa, oats, flax and chia. They contain a mix of protein, fiber, carbs and omega-3's for balanced nutrition and sustained energy. They taste delicious, and have the added bonus of being gluten-free, non-GMO verified, kosher certified and also vegan. Use code YOGA25 for 25% off your first order.
Femme Fit Fitale Club Infusion Water Bottle - I've recently watched this little vid on how important hydration is and being properly hydrated so I'm la-la-loving this simple yet effective water bottle because it helps to keep your daily water intake on track with its unique drink tracker design. I also love that the infusion basket is on the roomier side - so you'll be able to enjoy those larger fruits and veggies without having to spend extra time chopping them up.
DynaPro Direct Resistance Band - I love this exercise resistance band because it's really high quality and you can literally use it for any type of workout. It's designed with an adjustable connection, meaning you can adjust the length of the band for your individual needs. If you have Amazon prime (and you totally should, I love it), this item is prime eligible.
This giveaway is open to US readers. To enter, just leave a comment below telling us a funny gym story if you have one. If you don't, let us know what keeps you motivated to stay on top of your fitness game. Then, just make a note in the rafflecopter widget above that you left a comment. If you have an email address you use for promotions, feel free to use that one because by entering the giveaway, you agree to share your email address with the sponsors. A winner will be picked at random on June 23rd. Thanks for playing!