Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. While YBC was compensated for the post, all opinions - as always - are our own. Thanks for supporting the companies that support YBC!
With a bunch of yoga workshops planned along our book tour stops and our next yoga retreat on the horizon (a long weekend of fun and sun in gorgeous Miami), I thought it'd be an appropriate time for another Yoga Retreat Packing Guide Giveaway. This one is killer, and I'm so excited to share. With all this travel coming up, I thought we should talk travel.
Do you have any tips for staying healthy while on the road? There are a few things I always pack to try to stay on track:
- Pre-made meals/snacks - I find it so hard to eat healthy while in an airport! I usually will bring a meal in a tupperware container or a few snacks like trail mix, an apple, and a Perfect Bar to keep the hunger at bay.
- Melatonin - As soon as I land at my destination, I try to get on their schedule. If there's a time change, I try to sleep at a normal local time, and will bring melatonin with me in case I'm wide awake.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate - I don't drink enough as it is (I'm really trying hard to work on that!), but when I travel I get especially dehydrated. I always bring either an empty water bottle with me that I can fill up once I'm past security, or I'll keep buying water with each leg of the trip.
- Eye mask - My quality of sleep in a regular bed is seriously improved when I wear my eye mask, so I also bring it for travel so I can catch some zzz's while on the plane. I'm a little bit of an eye mask snob and this one is hands down the best I've found because it blocks out light and is made out of tempurpedic material so if you sleep on your side it molds to your face.
In the Giveaway
1. Smells Like Home Tank, $25 - This handmade muscle tank is a favorite style of mine because it allows your body to breathe! Perfect while traveling or once you get to your destination! Use code YOGARETREAT for 25% off your purchase.
2. Liquid Savvy water bottle, $19.97 for 18oz bottle - This bottle solves all the problems! Made with food grade 18/8 stainless steel walls (and no plastic toxins!), it keeps cold beverages cold for 24 hours, and hot beverages hot for up to 12 hours. Because of the powder coat matte finish, the bottle never "sweats" which means that your wood surfaces or contents of your purse will stay dry! There are also different lids for each use - a flip top lid, an integrated carabiner lid, and a multi-purpose tethered lid. And, just in case it seems like it couldn't get better, it does. There's a 100% lifetime warranty, so if you don't like it for whatever reason, just get in touch with them. Use code candyoga here for 25% off!
3. AILIATE Moxibustion Kit, $20.99 - This super cool kit combines Chinese medicine with modern technology for health and natural healing. Aiaitie moxibustion is meant to aid healing through the use of heat, infrared penetration and healing function of the mugwort herb during the process. It's really easy to use - you light a moxa stick, place it on your body, and collect the ash as it burns. Then, remove the base when the moxa stick burns out and the base cools off. You can do it two or three times on the same acupoint.
4. My Quest eco-friendly yoga mat, $19.99 - This is a premium, eco-friendly yoga mat works especially well for restorative or yin practices, as it gives you a full 10mm of memory foam cushion – 2-3 times as much as other mats. Use code candacefans for 10% off now through October 31, 2016.
5. Yoga Dev Yoga Wheel, $89.95 (now on sale for $44.95!) - Yoga wheels are the newest, coolest props on the market and are awesome for chest opening and back-bending in particular. Take $5 off your wheel with code YOGABYCANDACE. It will remain valid until end of the 2016. Limit 1 per customer.
6. Om Matters Dharana Long Sleeve Tee, $64 - The graphic on the front of this LA - made dharana tee invites you to follow the 6th limb of yoga which helps us to concentrate on one object or task while meditating. Bonus - this shirt is 100% natural and synthetic-free and with each shirt purchased, OM Matters will sponsor a yoga class for one child in need. How great is that?! Use discount code OMMATTERS for 15% off through 10/6/16.
7. Sacred Tusk FP Movement Bra, $82 - This unique, USA-made bra is so comfortable. It's got mesh lining and is made out of breathable, athletic material. It's perfect for yoga or travel! Use code SHOPYBC for 15% off now through October 31st.
Down below in the comments, let me know what tips and tricks you've used to stay healthy while traveling. Then, let us know you left a comment in the rafflecopter widget below. If you use a specific email address just for promotions, use that one, because by entering to win, your email will be passed along to the sponsors of this giveaway. Due to laws and regulations, this giveaway is open to US residents only. One lucky winner will be picked next Thursday and announced here on the blog, so stay tuned!