PSA: Our Winter Mantra Box® is now available for pre-order. Also - we have a few yoga retreats planned for 2018 that you may be interested in. In April, we'll be going to Bolzano, Italy, and in August, we'll be going to Santorini, Greece. New workshop and retreats will be announced in early 2018. If you're looking to ways to stay in shape over the holiday season, we have two workout programs available.
This will be our last post for 2017. I'm going to take some time off to enjoy the holidays with my friends and family, and we'll be back first thing on January 1, 2018. Feel free to take our content survey so we can bring you more of what you want to see on YBC. And don't forget to subscribe to our podcast, Namaslay with YogaByCandace®, which is now available on iTunes, Spotify and Google Play. Thanks so much for all your support! xoCandace
I love giving back all through the year in small, unexpected ways, but since it's the holiday season, I thought it'd be a good time to share a few ways we can give back. These are simple, relatively easy ways to help make someone's day a bit brighter. Many of these are taken from the Men's Gift Guide Giveaway comments section, so you can head over there if you'd like to read them all!
- The points I collect on my credit card can be "cashed in" for gift cards. This year I got a bunch of gift cards that I've been handing out to the maintenance staff in my building, and the homeless. -Candace
- I have a friend who keeps packages of peanut butter, crackers and bottled water in her car to give to the homeless. -YBCer ET Pruitt
- I'm planning on bringing treat bags to the hospital and police station on Chistmas day to thank those that have to be away from their families. -YBCer Mary
- I like to surprise my coworkers in the office where I work with a bar of chocolate wrapped in holiday foil every 26th of december (I get there early and leave one on each person´s desk). I´ve been doing it for 3 years now and no-one has a clue who is giving them the chocolate! :) - YBCer Gigi
- I give coupons I didn't use in a store to someone else in line. People get excited when they can save money. - YBCer Mel
- Go to the donorschoose.org website. It is crowdfunding for classroom projects and is an excellent way to give back. Donations can be as big or small as you would like. - YBCer Erin
- I try to compliment someone everyday and it's so sweet to see how it affects people! I find that most people are so shocked to have received a compliment that they don't know what to say. I really enjoy offering this simple and yet so needed form of love. - YBCer Cassie
- My family likes to give back in little ways. When we go to a restaurant, we will pay for someone's meal without them knowing. My daughters like to write thank you/kindness notes for everyone. Recently I was at the grocery store and an older lady ahead of me didn't have enough money to pay for some of her groceries so I stepped forward and covered the remainder. I'm not great at volunteering my time, but I try to show kindness and give whenever I can, however I am able. -YBCer Katie
I'd love to hear how you give back down in the comments section below!