In the last few years I've have the privilege of working with some amazing hairstylists, make up artists and more. I always try to pick their brains to learn new tricks and little tips I can implement, and thought I would corral them here. I'd love to hear yours, if you'd like to share, down in the comments section below!
1. Sleep on a silk pillowcase to protect hair from split ends and damage, and to make your blow out last longer.
2. If you have color treated hair, you might like this tip. I use a deep conditioning mask instead of a regular conditioner when I wash my hair. On one hand it's a little annoying because you have to leave it in for a few minutes, but on the other hand, your hair comes out so smooth and healthy because of it.
4. For inflamed breakouts, nothing heals like internal gut healing, but for quick relief, a DIY mask always helped me. Fresh yogurt, cacao powder, and honey were lifesavers.
5. Use body oil instead of lotion for the softest, smoothest skin. My mom gave me this for my birthday, and I absolutely love it.
6. When hair is dry at night, put a tiny bit of moisturizing creme in, and sleep in it. It's like lotion for your hair - completely absorbed the next morning and doesn't leave you at all greasy.
7. For a little stress-relief (which absolutely impacts the beauty-factor, if you ask me!), I'll put a few drops of peppermint essential oil in the corners of the bathtub when I'm taking my morning shower. This is a good tip for when you need stress-relief but you don't have time for a leisurely bath. The steam from the hot shower helps to activate the essential oils so you smell them.
8. Nothing makes me look fresh and vibrant like a good night's sleep. One of the best sleep aids I've found is this sleep mask. I've used it for three years and it is perfect. There's a ridge that fits to your nose and under eye area so you don't see any light at all. It is so comfortable and something I use every single night!
9. When doing my eye make up, I always put the transitional shadow color in my crease on the top lid, which is a given, but also just under the lash line with a flat brush. It's sort of a contour effect which I think makes the eyes pop and always makes me look more awake and well-rested.
10. If I don't have time to wash my hair as I'm running out the door and it's looking a little rough, I have a few tricks: 1) wrap a scarf around my head, 2) french braid pigtails always look good in dirty hair (see here), 3) a slicked back topknot also hides dirty hair well, or 4) a hat never fails (see here for sporty look, and here for a boho vibe)!
Your turn! I'd love to hear your tips and tricks below!!