Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. While YBC was compensated for the post, all opinions - as always - are our own. Thank you for supporting the companies that support YBC.
I could use a good laugh so let's talk funny or embarrassing beauty stories. We all have them, so I will not believe you if you tell me you don't have one (or I might ask your secret because I have so many embarrassing beauty stories I could write an entire blog on them alone). So here's one.
A few years ago, my husband Greg and I used to go and get pedicures. He is a guy's guy, so it really kind of took him a lot to start going but he eventually realized how nice it is to have a foot massage and have someone cut your toenails etc. So we're there, and the girl who is working on him is blatantly flirting with him. I'm not really a jealous person and thought it was kind of funny at first, but it got to the point where it was making even him uncomfortable. She was asking really intrusive questions, even though it was very clear we were there together and were married. She was really giving her at all with the foot massage and it became super awkward. He kept trying to be polite and answer her questions and include me in the answers, like, "Yeah, my wife and I have lived in this town since April." Whenever he would mention me or try to include me in the conversation, she would completely ignore it and keep on with him.
Anyway, I really needed my eyebrows done so I asked her if she could wax them because my person has another client waiting. So she sort of huffs and puffs and rolls her eyes a bit and takes me to the back.
wait for it...
she waxed off my entire left eyebrow. Maybe five or six hairs remained!!!!!
Hahaha I am dying right now laughing about it but at the time I was mortified! And what could I do about it?! I was so upset, and I pointed it out and she kind of cocked her head to the side and was like, 'It will grow,' and walked away to tend to Greg.
Anyway, lesson learned. Nail people should do nails and nails only. And maybe don't ask the girl who is flirting with your husband to work on you! Hahahaha. That was the last time I ever waxed my brows, or even let anyone near them (until about two months ago when I discovered the miracle that is threading).
Your turn! I need to know your funny beauty stories! A winner will be picked at random and will receive all of the following below.
1. Bare Bones Broth Chicken broth. Ok I know what you're thinking. How am I supposed to use broth for external beauty? Well, I believe beauty starts from the inside out and I noticed a tremendous improvement in my overall skin tone and glow when I began adding broths and other healing foods to my diet. I love Bare Bones Broth because they use high quality ingredients and simmer the broth for an extended period of time to extract maximum nutrients. Use coupon code YBCBEAUTYESSENTIALS for $5 off Aug. 31 through Sept. 30. $29.99
2. Simply Fair Deodorant balm. This is perfect for people with sensitive skin - there's no scent and it's very gentle and effective. Use coupon code: candace for 20% off purchases more than $20. $10.00
3. One Love Organics Vitamin c body polish. This is a heavenly, delicious smelling polish with vitamin c, aloe and shea for my people in search of ultra soft skin. It also locks in moisture so skin is hydrated all day. Love that. Use coupon code yoga20 for 20% off through Sept 7. $48
4. Earthmade Skincare Pure lavender soap. File this bomb soap under: things I am strongly in favor of. These soaps are vegan and palm free, smell divine, and are handmade in small batches out of Yonkers, NY. I have used their rosemary and mint, cacao and vanilla, pure lavender, and vanilla chai - and they are all incredible. Use coupon code FREESHIP25for free shipping on U.S. orders $25 or more, valid from August 31st until October 31st. $8
5. Organic Bath Co. Stress Less Body Oil* Some people get weird about putting oil on the body, but let me tell you - it is the best! It really locks in moisture so your skin stays hydrated and soft all day long. The Stress Less Body Oil has a jojoba oil base and contains Bulgarian lavender to calm and de-stress the skin and mind. Use coupon code candace for 20% off. $45.
6. The Herbal Face Food. 2oz Herbal Face Food. This is for all my skincare junkies who love to feel the burn! This stuff is jam packed with antioxidants, and is created from organic, raw, 100% edible ingredients. The past few months have been really stressful for me and the stress has impacted my skin, and the herbal face food has made such a huge improvement. I love this stuff! Use discount code YBC10 for 10% off - expires 9/30. $100.
7. The Sugar Appeal Lemongrass, Lavender, and Tea Tree sugar scrubs. These scrubs are fantastic for feet, elbows and any place on the ol' bod that's feeling a little rough. They use essential oils for an added therapeutic experience. $7 each.
8. Gabriel Cosmetics. Red polish and manicure kit. This manicure set includes polish remover pads, nail and cuticle conditioner and a base and top coat that'll have your nails prepped and ready to go for the red polish application. The classic red is perfect for transitioning into fall and rest assured, the polish is "5 free" and does not contain Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP, Camphor, or Phthalate. Use coupon code yogabycandace for 20% off effective 8/31-9/30. $8.50 and $29.95.
9. Kaia Naturals Juicy Bamboo Wipes. These are fantastic. I use them to give to students before savasana, and they drape them over their faces. It offers just a hint of delicious aromatherapy and adds to their relaxation. You can also use them as makeup removers. They're non-toxic, cruelty-free and biodegradable! Use code Yogae2 for free shipping when you buy 2 boxes of juicy bamboo, currently you have to buy 4 boxes to get free shipping. $15.50.
10. Lotus Wei Mini Serum Kit. This mini serum kit will last you months because all you need is just a drop. My favorite serum is the Infinite Love with honey and rose because it feels so nourishing, luxurious and calming for my skin. Use coupon code: YBC for 15% off through the month of September. $60
This giveaway is open to people in the United States. To enter, just tell us a funny beauty story. I cannot WAIT to hear them, guys! Bonus points that count for nothing if you are brave enough to include a photo. I wish a had a photo of my empty eyebrow but alas, I avoided all cameras for ages. After you share your story in the comments below, just click the rafflecopter widget below to let me know you entered. A winner will be announced next Monday. If you have an email account you use for promotional emails, feel free to use that one because by entering to win you'll be agreeing to opt-in for our weekend newsletter and to receive occasional promotional emails from the sponsoring brands. Can't wait to hear your stories!!!