I wanted to put together a little somethin' for my ladies who need a little extra support. I have weird body - small torso but large cup size, and sports bras and yoga tank tops rarely fit well (which is why you see the same few shirts on repeat on YBC #bloggerprobs). But I have recently come across a few bras which are incredible. I know how important a quality bra is so I thought I'd spread the word for any other women out there who still haven't found a great fit.
1. Alo yoga paddle fast bra, $52. I own this bra and think it is fantastic. The wide straps are seriously functional with major support but I love that the overall look is on trend and sexy with the mesh detailing in the middle. Another favorite feature of mine is the sides come up a little bit which really hold you in and cover up any side boob action, which is cute anywhere except for the gym when you're trying to do work. 10/10 support.
2. Alala zip bra, $75 - One of the up-sides to blogging is getting free swag, like this bra I got a while back. It is freaking fantastic. The design is, like the Alo bra, exceptionally functional but this is not yo' mama's bra. This bra is super sexy with meshy detailing and a zipper up the back, but if you were going on feel alone, you would put it on and be like, "Ok, I'm strapped in and am ready for a marathon." That's the kind of support you're gonna get with this bra. The down-side to blogging is feeling sad that I'll never be able to afford this bra in any other color. Wah. 10/10 support.
3. Lululemon ta ta tamer II, $58 - This one is an oldie but goodie. I have the first version of this bra and it offers pretty good support. I do find that the color fades over time (but we're talking, like, 5 months or so), but other than that, it is great. 8/10 support.
4. Athleta, sport bra by Panache, $55 (on sale) - This is a bra I have had my eye on and have tried on but just can't pull the trigger. Now that I have some bras with the cups that come right up to the armpit, I can't get over what a difference that makes. If you're a C cup of smaller, I would say this will be great, but if you're bigger, I might skip on this one. 7/10 support.
5. Adidas energy boost bra, $55 - Ok not the most flattering bra, but it gets the job DONE. I love a good V neck, and this one gets a little hint of femininity from the cut of the neck. 10/10 support.
6. Champion comfort sports bra, $26 - And now for a bra that's a little more reasonably priced (and on sale!), you really can't go wrong with champion. I have a number of their bras - one quite similar to this - and it does a pretty good job, though I do find it stretches out with washing. 7/10 support.
Let's talk Ladies! What do you struggle with when it comes to buying activewear? If you have a favorite sports bra or yoga tank top will you let me know?! I am always on the hunt!