Disclaimer: In the Cart is a monthly sponsored post where we highlight small businesses whose products we believe in and would use ourselves. While we were compensated for the post, all opinions, as always, are our own. Thanks for your continued support.
I've been following the GAPS diet since October 1, 2014 (here's my one year update) and I feel ah-mazing on it. I will do an update soon for the year and a half mark, but I wanted to quickly talk about traveling while following a specific diet because it definitely isn't easy (at least for me), but it can be done. If you travel often, you know that choices are limited (side note: can someone get going on creating a healthy foods section at all airports please and thank you?) and it's so time consuming to prepare food to bring while traveling, so we searched high and low for travel snacks that are healthy and easy to throw in your carry on and I'm excited to share them today.
1. Wild Zora - These bars have no added sugar and are about as healthy as you can get for prepared foods. They're a (grass fed) beef and veggie bar, so they work for GAPS and Paleo people - and anyone searching for a healthy, delicious tasting bar as you're running out the door. Retails for $4.
2. No Grain Granola - This is for my people off the grain who want something quick, tasty and healthy. With ingredients you can pronounce (seeds, honey, coconut oil and dried fruit), you can be sure what you're eating is real, natural food. Retails for $10.99 from Keep it Real Food.
3. This bar saves lives - Um, with a name like that, how can you not want to try it?! So how does this non-GMO bar save lives? Well, when you buy a bar, their non-profit partner makes a life-saving packet of food. That food is shipped to wherever it's needed most, and a child gets to eat. Done and done. $19.99 for one box (9 bars). Take 15% off with coupon code candace.
4. Coconut chips - These chips are super simple (no sugar or salt added), but don't let that fool you. They're perfectly toasted to achieve just the right amount of crunch for snacking away. Retails for $4.50 by Coconut Organics.
5. Food Kozy - Ok this isn't a snack but it's going to make bringing your snacks from home so much easier and, bonus, it's eco-friendly! It's an allergen-free, non-toxic reusable wrap that makes traveling with snacks easy breezy. Retails for $6.49 for a set of 2 from u-konserve.
6. Coco-Roons - These orange dreamsicle coconut macaroons are delicious and only have seven simple ingredients. They're organic, gluten free, vegan, Paleo, and non-GMO - aka perfection in a bag. Retails for $7.99.
7. Pure7 Chocolate - These bars are my new faves. They're SCD, non-GMO and Paleo friendly. They contain no soy (so hard to find in a chocolate bar!), and they're unbelievably rich and delicious to boot. Retails for $6.99. Use coupon code YBCsave15 for 15% off until April 30, 2015.
8. YAWP! Bar - These bars have five simple main ingredients including seeds, nuts, and dates. No fillers, no fluff, just good, real food. Retails for $9 for a sample pack. Use coupon code YogaByCandace for 10% off through April 13, 2015.
One winner receives everything.
Two winners receive one chocolate bar.
Three winners receive no grain granola.
To Enter the Travel Snack Giveaway:
I love getting to know you guys better, so let's talk food. Do you follow a special diet? Is it easy for you to follow or more challenging? How do you handle social situations when people don't "get" your dietary needs?
Rules for entry:
- All entries will be verified (i.e. make sure you leave a comment as well as entering using the box below).
- This giveaway is open to those in the USA, but we are working hard to find companies willing to ship internationally in future giveaways, so please stay tuned. I promise, they're coming soon!
- Winners will be chosen by random on April 5th and notified by email.
- The companies will be shipping each item separately. YBC will pass on the winners' info to each company, and then will not be responsible for communication/shipping between the winners and the companies.
- If you have a separate email for promotional use, feel free to enter using that email address because by entering the giveaway, you consent to being added to the YBC weekly newsletter list and receiving occasional promotional emails from the participating brands.