I've had a lot of fun keeping these food diaries, and I hope you guys are enjoying them. I want to point out two things here - the first is that what is pictured is what I ate, but sometimes doesn't indicate when I've gone back to seconds (or thirds!). Like the pancakes on the last day - I ate a total of four, but the ones pictured were the first two I cooked. Another thing to note - each day I also had a protein shake from either SFH or Rootz (use code yogabycandace for a discount). Ok - now that that's out of the way, let me share what I ate Sunday through Thursday of last week.
Day 1: Breakfast (not particularly proud of this breakfast, but I was hangry and this was the first halfway decent restaurant I found while on the road). Later, I snacked on veggies and hummus, and for lunch had haddock, quinoa and brussels sprouts. For dinner, I made a batch of no-breadcrumb meatballs with ground beef and pork, and had quinoa, brussels sprouts and fermented carrots as well.
- Breakfast: smoothie with kefir, yogurt, collagen peptides and greens powder. After that I had homemade chicken bone broth, and then had scrambled eggs and spinach.
- Snack: Cucumber and hummus
- Lunch: half a giant yam, asparagus and chicken.
- Snack: GoRaw cookies (I swear these have been so helpful in getting those micronutrients I need from the sprouted sunflower seeds)
- Dinner: Beef brisket, veggies and potatoes
- Dessert: Justin's dark chocolate peanut butter cups
- Breakfast: blood orange, folded egg white with veggies and cheese, half an avocado
- Lunch: Homemade chicken soup with veggies and potatoes in bone broth
- Snack: Smoothie cup with yogurt, black berries, blue berries, sprouted granola and chocolate chips
- Dinner: shrimp and asparagus
- Dessert: Organic popcorn with sea salt and nutritional yeast (another major factor in helping me improve those deficiencies (nutritional yeast is high in selenium - great for skin!)).
- Breakfast - Homemade protein pancakes (yogurt, eggs, Rootz protein powder (use code yogabycandace for a discount), honey.
- Lunch: Beef Brisket stew
- Dinner: Cod, riced cauliflower, green beans
- Snacks: cucumber and hummus, followed by homemade pumpkin cookies later that night.