Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. While YBC was compensated for the post, all opinions - as always - are our own. We are committed to working with businesses we love and whose products we would buy for ourselves.
My paternal grandmother has always been a crafty lady. The back room in her house doubles as a guest room and a little mini artist's studio, where she'd paint mostly flowers and sometimes landscapes. As kids, my brother and I would often spend the night at her place and she'd let us pull out boxes of her ribbons and things and sometimes would set me up with my own little blank canvas to give painting a try. She loved checking out craft fairs and would bring my brother and me along. She was one of those people always prepared with a picnic blanket in the trunk of her car, and I remember one fair in particular when she'd brought a bunch of my cousins along as well, and we all piled onto the blanket, bought some snacks at the surrounding booths and enjoyed some live music at the craft fair. I must've been maybe eight or nine, and nothing spectacular happened, but it goes down in my memory of one of the happiest summer days with my grandma. She'll never read this because like most 93 year old women, she's not into "the google" but I'll remember to tell her how much I loved those days when I visit her when I get back home.
Today we're checking out some awesome picnic gear. We focused on finding eco-friendly products and organic snacks to create a memorable picnic this summer with your friends and family (and grandmas)!
Eligibility & Entry
One lucky (American) person will win all except the bento box. Two lucky European winners will receive the bento box. If you're in the US or in Europe, you're welcome to enter! To enter, all you have to do is use the Rafflecopter widget below and then comment, letting us know your favorite memory of a picnic or with your grandmother, because I love getting to know you guys better. As an aside, because I've been traveling so much, I have a really hard time responding to each comment, but please know that I do read them, and love that you take the time to leave a little comment. :) For an extra entry, you can follow YBC on Google+. Just take a screenshot and put it in a separate comment for your entry to be counted. Sometimes the comments are weird, and it'll say your screenshot didn't upload, but don't worry, it did. A winner will be announced on June 4, 2015.
1. Glass straws by Hummingbird. These are the bomb dot com. They're extremely durable and I've been using them for months for juices and smoothies and everything in between. Take 15% off your order with code HAPPYSIPPINGPICNIC.
2. Dark cacao macaroons by Emmy's Organics. These are the most decadent, delicious macaroons I've had and I love that they're made with simple, natural ingredients I can pronounce. Take 20% off your order with code YOGABYCANDACE.
3. Large cooler bag from SoYoung. This bag is an essential for a summer picnic. It's lightweight, insulated, durable, and has a long carrying strap for easy transport.
4. Icential cool wrap ice pack. I love this thing! It makes keeping things cold super easy. I also use it for grabbing a meal to take on the road when I travel. Take 15% off your order with code YOGABYCANDACE. Valid until June 28, 2015.
5. Travel tea glass infuser by Libre Tea. A convenient way to take your tea on the go! Take 10% off Starburst Libre 14oz glasses with code Starburst. Valid until June 30, 2015.
6. Snack bag by Eco Ditty. An awesome alternative to a disposable plastic baggie that's durable, long-lasting and easy to clean. Take $5 off your order with code YBC5 now through June 30, 2015.
7. Natural sunscreen lotion by Goddess Garden. A summertime essential, this natural sunscreen smells light, goes on easily and helps protect! Take 20% off your order with code YBCPicnic through June 27, 2015.
8. Double wall bento by Monbento. An easy way to take meals on your picnic with ease! *Two winners from the EU will receive this!
9. Out n About Travel set by Bambu Home. These elegant utensils are a sustainable alternative to the conventional plastic utensils we often see and we love that these are made from organic bamboo, are finished by hand and use no glue or lacquers. Use code bambu2go for 30% off the travel set. Valid through June 8th, 2015.
10. Hemp bambu chopstick set by Bambu Home and Hemp denim bamboo utensil set by Bambu Home are sustainable alternatives in a beautiful denim protective case. These are finished by hand, are made from organic bamboo and have zero glue or lacquers. These are currently 30% off in celebration of Hemp History Week.
11. Jax Coco coconut water to help stay super hydrated on hot summer summer days. I love that this coconut water comes in a chic glass bottle and is 100% pure coconut water - nothing added!