It's officially fall, which means it's time for me to nail down the logistics of some travel I have planned for YBC. I'll be hitting New Jersey, Colorado, Los Angeles and Michigan in the coming months, and to help make my work load a little easier, as well as develop a deeper connection within the YBC community, we are looking for guest writers.
Why might you want to write for us? Well, if you have a budding blog, this is an opportunity to gain some targeted traffic and new social media followers. This is also an opportunity for us to see the kind of talent that is out there, because eventually, as YBC expands, we'd like to hire contributing writers.
We're looking for yoga lifestyle verticals. That is, topics that would interest people who are into yoga, but topics that are not about yoga. I am particularly interested in pieces that are emotionally captivating, that inspire, educate, and that initiate conversations that matter.
Ideas might include:
- Something personal, meaningful, vulnerable, raw. (Example: Perhaps a trauma you endured, and what you learned.) Between 500 - 1000 words.
- A unique solution to a problem. (Example: Three Surprising Things That Relieve a Bee Sting Naturally.) Around 500 words.
- A unique list of some sort (10 Foods That...., 8 Things You...., etc.)
If you meet the requirements below, feel free to submit your pitch using the form below and we will contact you on October 9, 2017. Please do not follow up prior to this date. After you submit the form below, please add jan (at) yogabycandace (dot) com to your address book to ensure you'll see our response on the 9th.
- You must have excellent grammar and command of the English language.
- Your social profile must be public (so we can link to you).
- You must be able to include original high resolution images (1500px wide) that you have taken to help tell the narrative of your story (not camera phone photos).
Thank you so much for the consideration, and for being a part of the YBC Community. And if you're more of a reader and not into writing, please feel free to leave your suggestions for topics and blog posts you'd like to see more of in the future down in the comments section below.