This is a sponsored post. While YBC was compensated for the post, all opinions - as usual - are our own. We're into working only with brands whose missions we believe in and whose products we love and would purchase ourselves. Thanks for supporting the companies that support YBC.
Hi everyone! Today Lauren is poppin' in with a great giveaway full of goods that'll take you seamlessly from handstands to happy hour. Since I'm not drinking at the moment (#healingyourgutprobs) Lauren's gonna share a funny happy hour story. Can't wait to read yours! xo Candace
When I worked for ESPN I loved a good happy hour, especially in the warmer months if it took place on a patio (I LIVE for patio dining in the summer) As many of you probably already know, ESPN is headquartered in Bristol, CT. If you’ve never been, you’re not missing much because ESPN is literally the only thing the small town has to offer. We definitely didn’t have tons of cool trendy bars to gather at but we always had a great group of people and I knew I could count on a good time no matter what because of them.
One time, around the holidays, I went to happy hour with a couple co-workers. At one point we all got chatting about our favorite holiday activities we did as children – you know, those specific things you do with your parents that you always look forward to around Christmas. For me there were two things: 1. My mom is an insane baker and would always make the most elaborate gingerbread houses for my brother, sister and I to decorate and 2. (my personal favorite) My Dad would blast The Chipmunks Christmas cassette from the kitchen and start a dance party train all around the entire house – my brother, sister and I would chase him around for hours just singing along and mimicking every silly dance move he made.
Anyway, back to the point…one of my friends mentioned that he’s never decorated a gingerbread house before. Um, what?!
I was so shocked (and equally heartbroken for him) that I literally made everyone leave happy hour and we drove straight to Ikea - which, mind you, was 30 minutes away - and purchased as many gingerbread house kits as we could carry with the sole mission of creating the largest gingerbread village anyone had ever seen.
Listen people, we had YEARS of lost time and memories we had to make up for (also I realize we had completely irrational goals) but it seemed like the right thing to do in the moment. By the time we got home we were so exhausted from all the excitement (not to mention the drive) that we put the gingerbread village on hold until the next happy hour; which of course, never happened.
I STILL have 1 or 2 gingerbread kits hanging around here somewhere but the others fell victim to my stomach – I will not apologize for my love of all things gingerbread.
1. Microfiber hot yoga towel - This towel is bright and beautiful - and functional, I might add. If you're someone who sweats during class, this is key. It'll soak up the sweat, help prevent slipping, and can be used anywhere from yoga to the beach to the gym. $24.97 by YogaBrights. Use Summer2015 for 20% off your entire order.
2. Essential oil bracelet - This is such a genius idea by LavHa. The stones are chosen based on the healing properties they're thought to bring (this one has amethyst for a calming effect) and it comes with a 1ml vial of therapeutic grade essential oils to further help achieve the desired state. $39.00.
3. Shimmer tatts - Perfect for our summer honeys wanting to enjoy every last drop of sunshine before fall rolls around. These temporary tattoos are beautifully designed, and strong enough to withstand a good sweat sesh before you head to happy hour. $7.95 - use Yoga10 for 10% off.
4. Greens smoothie - I'm not a fan of going anywhere hungry, so take this green smoothie in between yoga and before happy hour. This blend is full of antioxidants and probiotics to help promote a healthy gut and boost immunity. $42.99 by Activz - Use Candace20 for 20% off now through Aug 31, 2015
5. Complete - Rehydrate after yoga with a Complete shake. It supports immunity with 22 vitamins and minerals, supports healthy digestion with 10 strands of probiotics, and 9 servings of fruits and vegetables. Nom! $44.99 by Activz - Use Candace20 for 20% off now through Aug 31, 2015
6. Shaker Bottle - Well how are you going to drink those aforementioned shakes? Use this shaker bottle because it has the most genius design! You put your powder in the fueler, and when you're ready for the powder to release into your drink, you press a button and boom! Recovery drink's ready! $14.99 by FuelShaker - Use yogabycandace for 15% off now through August 31, 2015
7. Flip Flops - Comfort is key and these flip flops reinforce that idea through their super soft strap design and by supporting the arch of the foot. The sole is durable and the desert brown color goes with everything; to top it all off, they're developed with natural rubber, making them eco-friendly and comfortable! $24.95 by Terri Kelly
8. Hot yoga mat - This yoga mat is both beautiful and brilliantly designed. The top is like a towel, providing traction and preventing slippage. The colors are bright and bold, and the cushioning of the mat is perfect - it's not too cushiony (which can make balancing an issue), and it's not too hard (which can irritate cranky knees). Pretty perfect, if you ask me! $54.95 by FitLifestyle Co. Use code 10offPWs for 10% off Palm or Waterfall yoga mats.
This giveaway is open to everyone in the US. All you have to do is leave a comment telling us about a funny or interesting happy hour (or any group gathering, really). Bonus points that count for nothing if you share a photo just cuz that always brings a smile to our faces. A winner will be picked at random on August 20, 2015. If you have an email address you use for promotions, feel free to use that one because by entering you'll opt-in to receive YBC's weekend newsletter and occasional promotional emails from the brands above. Once you leave your comment, just go to the rafflecopter widget to let us know you've done so. Can't wait to read your stories!