PSA: Just a few spots left at our Costa Rica retreat! Also, we're getting ready to plan summer and fall retreats if you want to chime in. But if online is more your jam, we now have video bundles available for all levels. Don't forget that you'll get a free gift when you screenshot your review of our app to Lauren. Our Summer YBC Mantra Box is now available for pre order! And lastly, our book, Namaslay, is available for preorder.
I've really enjoyed the workout series we've been having on the blog. It's nice to see there are lots of us yoga people doing other fitness thangs, and I've been so thankful for your thoughts on everything from Oly shoes (I don't think I need them, my ankle mobility is good) to gymnastics grips (totally need and use them!). For today's Workout Wednesday post, I'm sharing 7 post workout must haves that are in heavy rotation at my house. I'd love to hear what yours are down in the comments below!
1. Derma-e microdermabrasian scrub - I use this scrub about once a week and it's leaves my skin feeling so fresh and soft. It's gentle yet really effective and I love that this company uses all natural ingredients.
2. Clarisonic cleanser - So this is technically for men, but it's all they had left in store and the sales person told me there is literally no difference between this and the women's, so I scooped it up and haven't looked back since. I use it maybe twice a week (one of those times with the aforementioned microdermabrasian). I sweat a lot when I workout, so it feels really nice to use this cleanser and have my skin feeling super clean.
3. Temple Turmeric Lemon Ginger Ade - This is a drink I grab when I know I have errands to run and want to quickly replenish electrolytes. With the ginger, lemon, and turmeric, it's anti-inflammatory and tastes delish.
4. Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides - I love this company so much and have been putting a scoop of the collagen peptides in my post workout shake (it's my favorite part of the day, I shared it the other day on snapchat and I'll include it in a blog post soon). Collagen peptides are great for supporting gut health, the immune system, joint health, bone health and is excellent for hair, skin and nails as well. It tastes like nothing and is cold-liquid soluble, so you can throw it in everything from juice to smoothies.
5. Essential oil blends - I use this or this depending on my mood in the bath after a workout. I really believe stress can get in the way of meeting your fitness goals, so I try to cut down on stress whenever I can and essential oils are a nice way to feel uplifted or relaxed.
6. L-Glutamine - L-glutamine is ideal to take right after a workout because it supports muscle tissue and immune function. I had purchased it in powder form which I actually prefer because it's easy to just throw in a recovery shake but this time around I accidentally purchased it as a pill which I personally find annoying because it's not as easy for me to remember to take it. I keep it in my gym bag and try to remember to take it daily but I'm looking forward to getting through this bottle so I can order the powder form again.
7. Epsom salt - Ok, if I had just one thing to choose from this list that would never run out, it would be this. I take multiple epsom baths a week and they are the highlights of my week! Epsom salts are packed with magnesium and the body best absorbs mag through the skin, so a bath is an ideal way to get it in your body - and we are notoriously low on magnesium, so it's really a great thing to do. I find it so relaxing, especially when I have super sore muscles. But baths aren't everyone's thing (I swear Lauren nearly breaks out in hives, she is so skeeved out by baths haha) so if you'd rather crawl into a hole than take a bath, I recommend a magnesium oil spray like this which I also have and put on after the shower.