My favorite gifts for Mother's day and Father's day are things that you can actually do together. A few years ago I went golfing with my dad. I wasn't half bad, surprisingly, and we had a good time. That was the inspiration behind the boxing glove idea below. This year, my dad's in Connecticut and I'm in California, so I put together a few other gifts I know my he'd like, and we'll do something together when I get back on the east coast later this summer. I hope this little guide guide offers a bit of inspiration if you're shopping for Father's day. This year Father's day is on June 15, 2014, so it's right around the corner! What kind of gifts do you like to give?
1. Portable grill, $80 - For the dad who likes to grill, this portable bad boy will be key for all future summer events with the fam.
2. Boxing gloves, $30 - I recently took a boxing class and it was so fun! Make a date to hang with dad and go boxing together!
3. GoPro camera, $300 - For the techy dad who would be into documenting his bike ride or boating trip.
4. Weighted jump rope, $17 - For the athletic dad.
5. Father and son razors, $30 - This couldn't be cuter. One is an actual razor (for dad), and one is a plastic razor (for son). Adorable!
6. TOMS sábados sneakers, $74 - For the stylish dad.
7. Trapped Under the Sea, $20 - For the dad who likes to read, this is terrifying true story of five men who were sent into a dark, airless, miles-long tunnel, hundreds of feet below the ocean to do a nearly impossible job.
PS- Father's day gift guides from 2013.