In addition to Beauty Files, one of the other things you asked to see more of in our End of the Year Survey was my food journal posts so I am looking forward to keeping up with those. This one was a little indulgent because it was the New Year. I had used MyFitnessPal app to track macros pretty much up until December 24th and then I fell off the wagon with it. Once January 1st rolled around, though, I got back on, which is why you'll notice my meals were a little more dialed in.
My food goals right now are to just continue to eat whole, real foods, with a healthy balance of fats, carbs and proteins, all the while focusing on micronutrients to help keep my hormones balanced and my skin clear.
- Breakfast - Sprouted ezekiel toast, 2 eggs, mushrooms and spinach cooked in bone broth
- Snack: caramelized onion hummus
- Lunch: Wild salmon over pureed cauliflower, pomegranate brussels sprouts
- Pre-workout (use code yogabycandace for a discount!) and Vital Proteins collagen peptides
- Not pictured: Rootz Nutrition protein powder (use code yogabycandace for a discount) and a scoop of Biohm Greens Powder
- Dinner: Salad and half the salmon from lunch
- Breakfast - Protein pancakes, berries, eggs with leftover mash from the other day (sweet potato, onion, zucchini, brussels sprouts)
- Snack: Perfect Bar Dark Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter
- Lunch: Half a burger with salad
- Dinner: The other half of the burger and salad
- Snack: Sprouted granola with blended plain kefir, collagen peptides, greens powder, and frozen berries.
- Breakfast: 1/2 sweet potato, Ezekiel Toast, 2 eggs, spinach, sausage*, onion
- Lunch: Pasta with sauce and nutritional yeast**, 1 meatball (organic ground pork and beef, made with 2 eggs, seasoning and chia seeds)
- Pre-workout: Rootz nutrition pre-workout and collagen peptides
- Post-workout: SFH protein powder
- Dinner: Wild salmon, jade rice, brussels sprouts
- Snack: Perfect Bar mini
*For sausage, I try to find one that has no sugar and without anything artificial. The ingredients should just be pork, spices, salt.
**Nutritional yeast has a ton of really beneficial micronutrients, and has been key in helping to balance my hormones. It has a sort of cheesy flavor, so I'll sprinkle on top of popcorn, pasta or eggs.
- Breakfast - Blended kefir, yogurt, blueberries, blackberries, collagen peptides, Biohm Greens Powder
- Mid-morning drink: Mushroom Hot Chocolate (tastes just like regular hot chocolate but the mushrooms are great for your immune system)
- Lunch: Cauliflower stir-fry (cooked in bone broth and 4th and Heart ghee I put chopped cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, purple jewel yams, onions, curry powder, ground cinnamon, ground turkey) also chopped up a sausage link and put it in there as well.
- Dinner: 1 yam, roasted chicken, brussels sprouts, Jacobsen Salt (it's really important to switch up your salts so you get a variety of minerals with each meal)
- Breakfast - 1/2 orange, 2 eggs with spinach and sausage, 1 piece of sprouted sourdough raisin toast
- Lunch: Cauliflower mash with a meatball and Farmhouse Culture Kim Chi
- Dinner: Pasta with pesto, green beans, broccoli and nutritional yeast
I'd love to hear what your food goals are down in the comments section below. Been making any meals lately that you're loving? Discovered any new snacks? I'd love to hear.