Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which means YBC® may earn a small commission, should you happen to make a purchase. Thanks for the support!
Over the last few months, I've started to incorporate resistance bands more regularly into my workout. It's made a game-changer when it comes to glute strength and helping to repair my bum shoulder, so I figured, why not try them out on the yoga mat?
Related: Here's our 30 Day Glute Strengthening Program!
I came up with five easy ways to incorporate resistance bands into your yoga practice. This is an ideal way to switch things up if you're bored with the practice, want a new challenge, or are looking to build strength.
1. Resistance in the arms with high lunge and a pulse - This exercise will help build glute strength, thanks to the pulse, and help build upper body strength with the resistance bands around the arms.
2. Downward Facing Dog with Resistance Bands - This is a good way to build hamstring strength.
3. Bridge Pose with Resistance Bands and Abductor pulse - This is a great way to build lower body strength including the glutes.
4. Dead bug exercise with Bands - Great for core strength and leg strength.
5. Arm Pulse - A good way to build back strength and upper arm strength.