I can't believe that just a week ago I was in beautiful Miami and swimming in the ocean and today I am cozied up in sweatpants with a cup of broth at my desk trying to keep warm. Today I'm reminiscing on a great trip with a truly awesome group of people and thought I'd share some pictures.
Our venue was fantastic -a huge vacation rental right on the intercostal with a pool and just five minutes from the beach.
Lauren, YBC's Marketing and Events Director did a bomb job putting together an incredible swag bag for our students! We included:
- Shades from HerCampus - For the sun!
- simple squares - Delicious nut, honey and herb snack.
- caveman cookies - Yummy grain-free cookies.
- melange jolie handmade soaps - They smell as beautiful as they look.
- kharma kare yoga mat wipes - For the yoga mats!
- Nick's sticks - Grassfed beef sticks.
- YBC sleep mask for blindfolded yoga
- Lulu DK temporary tattoos - Because #fashun.
- Righteously Raw maca and cacao bites - So yum.
- Eyes by ToGoSpa - For the beauty!
- Skinny & Co. Coconut Oil - For everything - sunscreen, food, for coffee, etc.
- Great Soles split toe ballet/yoga socks - With a grippy bottom and regular top, these were great for yoga and keeping the feet warm!
- Nuttzo nut & seed butter - Deeeeelicious nut and seed butter.
- Mio Gym Kit - Wipes for post-workout or yoga sesh.
- Fabletics headband - For sweat.
- People Towels - Awesome alternative to paper towels - doubles as a washcloth.
- Sweaty Betty hair ties - They look weird but they are actually incredible.
- Murchinson Hume tote - Because toting your own grocery bag is in style.
- Dragonfly Traditions skincare kits - High quality handmade, all natural skincare.
- Glee Gum - Chomp chomp.
- Make it Happen notebook (inspired by the book) For inspiring, dreams and doodles.
Our chef was incredible and served up some memorable meals with his assistant Alfonso. Favorites of the week included pasta with shrimp and homemade pesto, and french toast with berry compote and pecan maple syrup (with mimosas!).
Some pictures below - for more, search instagram using the hashtag #YBCmiami
I am pretty excited about the spring retreats. Yoga retreats are such a unique opportunity to connect with likeminded people, explore a new place, and deepen your personal practice. YBC retreats are super laid back - and more of a vacation type of a retreat. Whatever you need to do in order to feel good is encouraged. Lauren, our Marketing and Events Director is hard at work planning summer retreats and they'll be announced soon! Don't forget that YBC also does custom yoga retreats if you have a group of friends or a large family. And if you've always wanted to go on a retreat but it isn't in your budget, read this, and then fill this out for last minute yoga retreat deals. Here are the rest of the retreats for the spring:
May 8 - 17th, 2015 Awaken your senses yoga retreat in Sifnos, Greece
May 16 - 24th, 2015 Awaken your senses yoga retreat in Sifnos, Greece
May 28 - 31st, 2015 True Potential yoga retreat with Business of Blogging workshops in Marrakech, Morocco - Only four spaces left!
June 25 - 28th, 2015 A weekend yoga retreat with Business of Blogging workshops in Upstate New York - Only one space left!