Disclaimer: This post is brought to you by iHerb, a company I love for its variety of products, and the fact that they offer free or discounted shipping to over 150 countries worldwide. Thanks for supporting the brands that support YBC®.
As always, with the start of the New Year, I set a health and wellness intentions. This year, I’m going to be focusing on improving my overall health in a variety of ways, and when I had the opportunity to partner up with iHerb, I jumped at the chance. I’ve been a longtime customer of the California-based online retailer because they have over 30,000 health and wellness products (and they guarantee not only the best overall value for all of them, but they ensure all their products are 100% authentic and sold in the US market). Shopping, checkout and shipping is quick and seamless, and all of my items arrived in tact, thanks in part to the fact that they ship directly from their climate-controlled warehouse.
One of my goals is to take better care of my skin, so I’ve picked up an eye gel I heard about, and an enzyme peel I’m excited to try. I’m also trying to decrease the mini-toxins in my new home with my boyfriend, so I picked up my favorite all natural laundry soap and some non-toxic dryer sheets that I hope will work. I’m also more focused on the health of those around me, including Buckles, my Siberian Husky, so I spotted some human-grade food he’s tried and loved before. I thought I’d give you a whole run down of all the items from my haul and my reasoning behind choosing each one.
The first group of items here is for overall health, and I’ll explain how I’ll use each one in detail:
1. 4th and Heart Ghee – I believe in consuming a variety of healthy fats, and ghee is super easy on the digestive tract because it’s clarified butter. Clarified butter means the digestive-irritating milk solids are removed, making it easy on the stomach. In addition, it’s got a higher smoke point because those milk solids are removed.
2. Chia Seeds – I’ve been making Chia Seed Pudding with collagen peptides, whole plain yogurt and chia seeds as a healthy mid-morning snack. These are USDA Organic, which is important to me.
3. Zum Clean – This is hands down my favorite laundry soap ever! It is 100% natural and clean, and is scented with essential oils that smell so good. I tried this brand about three years ago and will never go back to any other detergent!
4. Grain-Free Turkey Recipe – Buckles tried a sample of this food a few months ago but it was too expensive for me to buy it repeatedly. I’ve been making his food as part of his parasite cleanse but when it’s over, he’ll be eating this, which I found to be less expensive on iHerb than in my local pet supply store. I picked it because it’s all natural, no GMOs, no fillers, no garbage – and is recommended by our holistic vet.
5. 6. 7. Garlic Pills, Wormwood Tincture, and Clove Capsules – I’m doing my own parasite cleanse, which calls for garlic capsules, wormwood tincture and clove capsules. Again, these were less expensive on iHerb than in my local health food store, so you know I had to snap these up.
In this picture, most of these are more personal care items to help me on my health and wellness journey of 2019.
1. NatraCare Tampons – I’ve tried the menstrual cups but I didn’t like them at all, so I’m back to tampons, but focusing on finding the best tampons out there. I’m a fan of these because the applicator is biodegradable, and the cotton is organic.
2. Chamomile Mineral Bath – I love this chamomile bath mix so much and bring these packets with me when I travel to help decrease stress.
3. Stoneworks Dryer Sheets – I’ve been trying to convince my boyfriend that natural dryer sheets can work, but after brand after brand leading static, he’s yet to be convinced. We’ll be trying these dryer sheets next with fingers crossed!
4. ABRA Enzyme Peel – I am all about doing some sort of skincare peel or mask when I’m in the bath, so I wanted to try this enzyme peel.
5. Lavender Mineral Bath – This is the mineral bath packet I use when I am feeling wound up. I find the lavender to be so relaxing, and just like its chamomile counterpart mentioned above, I always throw it in my bag when I travel.
6. Jeffrey James Eye Gel – I recently started using an eye crème and have found its made a world of difference, but now that my jar is getting low, I thought I’d try this Jeffrey James Eye Gel after a friend told me she got it and has loved it. Please note that this product is available while supplies last.
7. Sweet Almond Body Oil – I like to use body oils rather than lotions when I get out of the shower because I find them to be much more hydrating. I love this sweet almond oil by Aura Cacia, a brand I’ve trusted for years.
Nutiva Coconut Oil – Do I even need to spell out all the ways I use coconut oil?! This stuff is my solution for so much! I use it as a great high quality cooking oil, as a body oil, and my dentist just recommended using it with baking soda as a natural teeth whitener!
Lastly, another one of my goals this year was to pay closer attention to my finances and look for ways to save. One of the other things I love about iHerb is their promotions – all customers can get a discount off their iHerb order and new customers get an additional 10% off with no minimum purchase by clicking here (new customer discount offer ends 1/31/19).
I love the fresh, clean slate of the New Year. I find it to be an incredibly motivating and inspiring time of year, and I’m so looking forward to working towards my health and fitness goals. I’d love to know what products you use frequently to help you towards your health and fitness goals as well – let me know down in the comments section below!